Monday, March 5, 2007

Miyakoda Park


I went to see what Miyakoda park is all about, having never really gone by there before.

It is actually a fair bit bigger than I had thought it was and has a nice pond in the middle with a dam on the other side of the bridge pictured above, in the next picture you can see a turtle resting at the bottom of the dam.
There was also a pack of wild cats roaming around the park. They had no fear at all for the people around, the wife says it is because people feed the cats... make sense.

A final impression as I walked back to my car- always the most high tech solutions here in Japan...

All kidding aside, I am sure stringing the railing up to the top of the embankment has to be a temporary fix... doesn't it????
Okay, how often do you see this, a urinal that is open to public viewing...


Despite my jokes I thought the park is actually quite nice- and I could see how it could be a destination for lots of families (with a very large playground) and young couples for a romantic stroll. I will definitely return!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miyakoda park --
I run on "the temporary fixed fence road" everyday by car. I don't know who bumped to it but it is the first damage in the last 10 years!( You are luckey ! It happened about a week ago. )
Anyway , they have some cherry blossoms by the pond in the park and I think they are going to be ready around in the end of March because it is so warm this year.
Please check!