Saturday, April 21, 2007

Nara hotel

The day after getting to Kyoto, we all checked out and made the 4 hour journey back to Hamamatsu on the Toukaido line. Upon arriving back home, I had about an hour to relax, then had to go to teach the Tuesday night class. I was surprised I was actually not too tired though I think I was making some bad jokes...

The next day, I knew the ladies were tired so we all just relaxed and saved our energy for the next day's trip to Nara that Ritsy and I had arranged.

The morning of the trip we weren't too rushed and were able to make it out to Hamamatsu station at a leisurely pace and we made the trek by shinkansen to Kyoto, then by local train to Nara. I could see that Ritsy and my mother like sleeping on trains....
After arriving we were told that it takes about 20 minutes to walk to the hotel we were staying at, the Nara hotel, but it felt more like 30-40 minutes. When we finally arrived though, it was well worth the trek...
The hotel on the outside looked like a classic Japanese building through and through, the entry way was quite beautiful I thought.
From the back of the hotel next to the street, you had a great view of the pagoda from Kofukuji (next blog entry)...
The restaurant at the hotel was pretty expensive so we chose to find some places to eat locally. The first days lunch we enjoyed the joys of Mos burger, and for dinner we had a great little teishoku style set meal at a cafe located just across the street from the hotel- Here Ritsy helps my mom choose from the menu.
The hotel definitely did not disappoint and was a great base from which to enjoy this delightful little town!

1 comment:

cathy said...

Hey, son - there are some better pictures of me - I really enjoyed our time together, too
Mom