Monday, June 11, 2007

My Monday Musings

It's Monday- which means back to work! I am finally caught up on my tales from April and May so it is back to my regular topics! Not as exciting as excursions and parties, but I will try!

Everything is still progressing well with Ritsy- doctor says we are at 5 months now and junior is at 110 grams. She brought in a videotape from the sonogram but I haven't watched it yet. She still isn't showing, but I think pretty soon she will start to develop a belly. Man, it's really happening.
The house across from mine seems to be getting torn down. It used to be a dog kennel where they bred Welsh Corgi's but I met the man that lived there last year, Suzuki, and he told me they had to close down the business. He even offered to give us a free dog, but I actually find that breed quite annoying. I was surprised to see that he had to move away as well though- he was my only neighbour that could speak some English! But as we heard the machines working away one day and walked over to the other side we could see the house was now just a shell!
My other neighbour (ironically also named Suzuki) was telling my wife she is worried that they may build an apartment building there, but I am not so worried about that idea. I think a denser populated area could help the property value of my home improve.
Now is the season for the rice crops, so the fields have been getting flooded and we can see farmers planting them. The rice season usually coincides with the Rainy Season here in Japan as you can imagine the skies provide plenty of water for the rice to flourish. Here is a farmer working on his flooded field.

No comments: