Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A celebrity even in Hamakita- February 2nd, 2009

Hamakita is kind of the country side of Japan. Don't get me wrong, I have seen ever more country-like areas around here, but we don`t often find celebrities out here. Well, a newer mall opened here in the last month last year and as a promotion, I think they dropped some money to get one to our neck of the woods.
And there he is. His name is Jero (given Japanese trouble with the letter R- I thought they were talking about J-Lo in the media sometimes) and he sings traditional Japanese Enka music- dressed like a rapper. I wanted to dislike him, but he was actually a pretty good singer and seems like a good guy. So it was kinda fun to see. Sadly, Ken fell asleep when he started singing.
Afterwards we walked around the mall- and the store staff volunteered to take a pic of us all. Yep, little guy was getting more and more mobile every day!

No comments: