Friday, November 20, 2009

Oops, I Did it Again

Ya, I let my posting lapse. It`s pretty easy to just let a month slip away, oh well..

A couple of odds and ends to talk about. Back in August holiday season, I needed a bit of POM so I was able (thanks to Ritsy's understanding) to book myself in a hotel for a night in Tokyo and just do some window shopping and I was able to catch up with my old pals Nik whom I had gone to high school with (and worked briefly with) and Makoto. Unfortunately, I couldn`t catch up with everyone, so next time I will catch up with Martin!
One of my recent new classes sees me travelling a bit into the country side, luckily though, not too far from my home. I was intrigued by this sign on the side of the road promising the remains of a castle, Oidaira castle. Images of something like a wall or some interesting points to see sprung to mind. So I took Ken out with me on one day where I was watching him.
Ken was interested in the rocks.
A sign pointed up a steep stairway.
And we climbed up the steep stairs to the top, pretty high up. (Of course I had to carry Ken)
To find only this. Hmm disappointing.

1 comment:

Todd L said...

I thought that was a good ending point for the post. There actually was a sign mapping out a long hiking course that may have provided more payoff. But being with a young child and being in snake territory (in this area you can find the Japanese Pit Viper)- I chickened out and took a country drive instead.