Sunday, May 6, 2007

Kasuga Taisha (I'm back!)

I have spent the last 4-5 days in Tokyo (which I will get back to a little later- sorry for the backlog but it's fun to actually have something to blog about) so haven't been blogging, but I will continue with my tail of entertaining my mother and Aunt in the middle of last month.

On our last day we at least had a chance to visit the last World Heritage spot that is within Nara Park, Kasuga Taisha. Regrettably, I can't find the handout about the shrine- but it proved capable of matching the pure cleanliness, serenity and beauty of the other places we had managed to visit in our quick two day journey.
The ladies working at the Kasuga Taisha all wore a strange attire, that doesn't turn up so well in this picture, but it was definitely quite unique and piqued my interest. They wore wisteria in their hair, apparently the Wisteria tree is quite important to the shrine.

The shrine is also well-known for the many lanterns that hang around, they have been donated by worshippers throughout the years. Here is a beautiful young lady surrounded by the lanterns.
As we finished up there, we picked up our bags and strolled back to the station, it was time to say goodbye to Nara, and time for the ladies to get to know the Hamamatsu area.

No comments: