Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Toba Aquarium

After a great time in Ise, we decided to hit the Toba aquarium on the way home. The aquarium is incredibly convenient as it is right next to the ferry dock. The traffic leading to the parking was at a crawl and some genius with Nagoya license plates cut into the line after I had waited for 30 minutes to get into the parking lot (right in front of me)- naturally my blood rose to a boil, but I was ready to enjoy by time the car was parked.
I'd never seen a purple lobster before, apparently this guy lives in Australia- you ever seen one of these Chris? I always think that food that is this colour tone is inedible- so I'm pretty sure I would send this back if it turned up on my plate...
At first glimpse these guys look like miniature Killer Whales- but they are in fact dolphins- quite cute.
We ended the adventure watching a Walrus show- he was funny but honestly didn't do very much...
At long last we were heading home. Ritsy was quite tuckered and a bit sea sick after all the excitement, but it was a great birthday gift from her! Thanks a lot Ritsuko!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crikey. In Australia we call those tasty morsels 'Marron' or 'Blue Marron' to be more specific. I think they only live in freshwater, so you won't find them in the sea. However you may get lucky by finding them on the end of your big toe if you take a dip in a river or stream.

Todd L said...

G'day to the info mate!

I would have called them Chordhoppa's myself...

Anonymous said...

Indeed. They have been known to associate with Chazwozza's and can often be seen playing forky-spoony down by the billabong.