Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bird`s nest

In early June, I noticed that some birds were leaving a bit of a mess outside of our front door, and as I feared, they were indeed trying to build a nest. The bird was Japanese Swallow (Tsubame). Finally nearing the end of June they had successfully built their nest.
And I could one day see a couple of heads sticking out of the top of the nest.
By the time I was taking these pictures, the parents were swooping around in wide circles and feeding the babies, when I stood on my step ladder to take the pictures they thought I was mommy coming in.

Very sadly a day or two after this pictures were taken, the nest was showing damage and the baby birds were no longer present. I can only guess that some predator (my only guess is the nasty crows that swoop around the garbage spot) had taken them. Very sad.

No comments: