Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Years Score

I was already pining about the expensiveness of Christmas season when my old mouse died. I very reluctantly went ahead and bought a new mouse made by a company that makes operating systems based in Washington state thinking it would easily integrate into the system. One of the charming features was that the mouse came with a free rechargeable battery.  To my dismay the mouse absolutely did not work at all. I troubleshot for a couple of days and even the help file said it must be hardware. So we returned it to a local electronics store called K's Denki and they tested and confirmed the issue, then I was able to exchange and they even let me pick a little more expensive wireless keyboard/mouse combo. They included a little hand towel as an apology. Oops, I forgot to return the rechargeable battery (which go for about $7). Score!

Incidentally the new keyboard and mouse set integrated and worked in seconds flat. Happy endings abound.

No comments: