Friday, November 21, 2008

HICE moved

Okay this is a little late reporting, but the very useful HICE has moved offices. HICE stands for Hamamatsu International Cultural Exchange. It provides a great resource for foreign residents in providing information, cheap language classes and a fantastic job board. I actually found my main job over at Time/Life from the board, but you can also find some private lessons or advertise yourself. Oh ya, also there are sometimes Sayonara Sale notices, cheap stuff being sold by people leaving the country-- I haven't tried but I would bet you could under-bid a lot of the asking prices... I mean they are leaving...

The rumour mill says that the Forte Building where it used to be, has been sold to the local big company Enshu Tetsudo (Entetsu) and may end up another Department store. The sad fact is that Forte is a lovely building and not very old- it seems that a lot of the space was unused so it was a waste of prime real estate in Hamamatsu.

The new location can be found on the other side of the train station , in a building named the Ito building. You will find a sign pointing you to the correct floor- I think it was 9?
The best landmark to note near the Ito Building is the Mos Burger that sits just across from the Royal Host restaurant. On the right side of the above picture you can see the Ito Building.
I hope they don't mind, I borrowed this map from their website...

No comments: