Sunday, January 27, 2008

Heaven and Earth

Last week my Wifi router died on me. Much like my printer about 2 months ago. When turned on all lights were on, and there was little to be done in the way of troubleshooting. I could still link in with a LAN line downstairs, but it meant a lot more work for me, saving stuff on my external hard drive and running upstairs to print it out. I have a new router now and am back in business.
I was very shocked by some bad news at the beginning of last week. One of my colleagues suddenly passed away. I was taking over the class and the office told me the situation. I had met her when we worked in the same building and Ritsy and I have gone for food and some drinks with her husband and her in the past. She was quick with a joke and very friendly and funny. The news was a total surprise she was still fairly young and we had exchanged e-mails shortly after Ken was born, we would have met up one day in the future. Her loss definitely brought about a lot of reflection about life and our frailty. She was a great person, and we will definitely miss Karen.

On a much lighter note, Ken is 2 months old now. He had his measurements and is now sitting at 6.6kgs(14.6 pounds) and 62 centimeters(about 2 feet). Ritsy says he was bigger than a 3 month old baby that was in the midwife clinic office. He is no longer overweight (first month he was a bit) and seems to be completely healthy. He has just started trying to turn over on his left side, so in no time will become even more of a handful. Ritsy has been a great mother and always seems to be enjoying the time spent with him.

Life is a precious gift and we walk a thin line, something we often forget. I will do my best to ensure that he is able to enjoy as much of it as he can, as we all should, and savour each and every day.

No comments: