Sunday, February 24, 2008

What is goings on?

There has been a lot of picture centered entries lately- of course it is a lot easier than thinking of what to say! Some may wonder what is going on in the world of the Lowrey family.
Work - Has slowed down quite a bit since the last week of January-- so there is a lot more family time, but the decrease in funds is a concern. I, of course, decided it's best to enjoy the time to catch my breath and get ready for when it gets busy again.
Trips- The family is heading out to Vancouver from the 4th of April to the 15th. We'll arrive back in Japan on the 16th and probably I'll be back to work on the 18th! It's been about a year and a half since I last walked on Canadian soil- so I'm really looking forward to catching up with everyone! Of course, Ken is also really looking forward to meeting all the people he has heard so much about already! We only just were able to pick up the tickets on Tuesday because of some confusion how to fill out the names on the tickets because of the next topic...
Names- Ritsy changed her name as in Japan the baby has to keep the same family name as the mom. I really wanted him to have the Lowrey family name (I feel like I am carrying on the family line that way)- so he is now Ken Lowrey Takasugi. And Ritsy is Ritsuko Lowrey Takasugi. They may be the only Lowrey-Takasugi in the world! The procedure was actually not too complicated for Japan, it just involved a bit of waiting for the pieces of the puzzle to fall into place.

Taxes - We went to get my taxes processed for last year. At this time of year it is held in a big auditorium with a number of tables and a few people to help you with the preperation. It was a little different format then the way I did them last year, so came a little unprepared and it took Ritsy about 4 hours to fill out the paperwork. After all the time spent, I do get some money back- so I owe her a nice dinner or something for all the work.
Ken - is awesome!

1 comment:

cathy said...

I see you figured out how to open the puppy blanket - it's is really cute. I can hardly wait to see you in April