Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Coffee and Sushi- a winning combination

It was a nice quiet evening spent with mom- we went to a restaurant called Anducci's which prides itself in huge portions. It was an incredible exposure for me to the unbelievable size of the portions that they have in Canada compared to here. I believe my mom was still eating the leftovers 5 days later. The next day was pretty busy. I met with my tax guy in the morning and then we met up with Carrie for a coffee in the late afternoon.
Carrie was just aglow with lots of news. Of course I knew she'll be getting married next year in the spring in Hawaii- a trip we plan to make! But we also learned that she is bearing child- it is still early in the pregnancy- so we wish her all the best luck with the little passenger! I know she'll make a great mom! More Carrie in a couple of posts!
We hopped in our car and the cloud cover had finally lifted, the neighboring mountains were looking beautiful!
We hopped over to Steve's place to have everyone gather. Here, Ritsy is finding some good pictures on her phone to show off and Steve and Ingrid are having some fun with Ken.
Finally, with all present, including Yurika (who comes from Miyazaki) headed over to the Eatery. A sushi restaurant with some of the most creative and delicious sushi creations- we had too good of a time- it was midnight by the time we hopped out, so I called my mom and she had to get up early the next day, so we just slept at Steve's place (cashing in the standing invite)!

No comments: