Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Happy Birthday to me... Happy birthd.... ah to hell with it!


Yep it's my birthday- well, precisely, by the time I publish this it will be my birthday. 35 years old now! Yowza! It's actually going to be such a busy day I won't really have time to sit back and enjoy the day, but I guess at 35 years old I should be sort of over the birthday thing... (sadly I am not!)

This week is actually a special week as August the 7th is the date of my wedding anniversary. It's been 3 years now since we tied the knot back on Saturna Island. Hmm, I might not have put that in the blog yet- I will get to it.
Ritsy and I had to fit celebration into our busy schedules so we actually went out for dinner on Saturday night to celebrate. We chose a restaurant that is owned by her sister's boss' wife- a newer restaurant called Lenri - it is located very near to Miyakoda techno road. (sorry for the blurry photos- the one above and the following one...)
The place looks quite nice from the outside and inside as well. There is actually a lot of outdoor tables, so it would be nice to come back here one afternoon. Unfortunately due to a case of it's someone's fault but noone wants to take the blame ( I choose the restaurant) we could not have a course meal because we had to pre-book it when we made a reservation. We weren't going to allow that to spoil our time- the fact that they had left out little crowns for us to wear helped a lot!
Once the food started coming, it was quite delicious, though apparently we had ordered mouse portions! I was so into eating the food that I forgot to take a picture of it until we were almost finished.
It was quite a pleasant meal all in all and the 10% discount coupon helped! We will go back in the future and try out the course menu one day as we still have a couple of coupons left.
I got an interesting gift from my friends at the Time Life office in Nagoya today, they dressed up a couple of oranges -one as a man and one as a woman (Ritsy and I- I would guess) with a nice message on each one for our wedding and birthday celebrations! It was truly unexpected and quite a sweet gesture, thanks guys!

No comments: