Sunday, August 19, 2007

An Ise tale: Part 1


I have no idea why, but I didn't blog once during my six days off! I thought that a lot would be written in that time, but I guess I decided to just lay low and enjoy the free time. One issue is probably the heat, the other day we recorded a record heat in Japan - 40.9 degrees. Luckily not in Hamamatsu, but it sure feels like it to me!
The other day, Ritsy treated me to a trip to Ise in Mie prefecture for a late birthday present. We can actually drive over there, but there is, in fact, a ferry that we can take that covers less distance for the trip (but takes more time because of waiting time - we had to wait 2 sailings). Anyway, the ferry sounded nice as I enjoy travelling by boat, so it was quite a nice way to travel.
At last, we were off! You can see how the dock looks on this clear day as we set sail. Very beautiful day.
This post has lots of Ritsy pics- here she is Hangin' Tough by the railing of the boat.
And finally she got to rest, this picture really shows how much she is showing now! Junior is well on the way now...
Finally we arrived at our accomodation, a really old looking ryokan, that in some ways was incredibly cool because of it's old look. The room was comfortable enough and they really redeemed themselves with that evenings' food offerings. We enjoyed a 12 piece meal (far too much, honestly) that included Matsuzaka beef, Ise Ebi (also known as lobster) fresh scallop and more- it was in incredible meal!

More next time...

No comments: