Sunday, March 23, 2008

A bit of a day, wasn't it?

Today we finally made it out to pay our respects to my former colleague that passed away in January. I feel bad that it took us so long to go out to say our goodbyes. I guess partly I never really have had to deal with death and felt a bit uncomfortable. Karen's husband Yoshinori was very cool and walked about and calmly talked to us about the situation. She was 48 years old on passing. I felt the nerves before going by, but was happy we made it out in the the end.

Afterwards we stopped by the electronics store. As we had a very complicated situation to sort out with a certain rebate that we can get for our house loan each year, earlier in the year it seemed that Ritsy was the only one to receive a rebate-- so she gave me half. Well at the end of the year, we sorted it out so that I also received the rebate and I forgot that we shared the money, so I earmarked it for personal use. When we sorted out this years tax- it's my turn to make up for my wacky spending- so I was on the hook to purchase us a new HDD/ BluRay recorder. Don't worry- it only takes up half of my tax return, and leaves me some buffer in case there is any tight months! We half to wait a week or more (if more, we have to wait until after our trip) to pick it up, but it should be a great tool-- I can't wait to watch my first movie on BluRay!

No comments: