Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A drive out to Lillooet

  After taking a day of recovery in Vancouver, the next day I rented a car and drove all the way into the mountains to visit my sister.
 A beautiful drive I tried to take a few pictures for Ken to see, but maybe interesting to some blog readers wanting to see a bit of the BC mountain atmosphere.
 The drive up Lillooet goes into the Coast Mountain range. There are 2 options that take roughly the same time, but I felt going up through Hope then over was a bit safer than through Whistler. 
 A lot of mountains and rocks.
 And trees
And rocks. Indeed one dinged the windshield right when I arrived in town. I had made a mistake about the insurance coverage- thinking I was covered by my Platinum card, but because I am living in Japan I am not. Well it looked like I must pay for it, but have yet to see a bill.
I could catch up with Mac who showed me all of his trains and trucks.
And Tracey who has a similar interest in trains and trucks so she also showed me her many toys. Ya.... well it was nice to catch up with my sister and hopefully bring a bit of cheer for her, as she is going through a dark time.

No comments: