Monday, February 12, 2007

Feeling a little springy

It's only February 2nd today ( a National Holiday by the way- Commemoration of the Founding of the Nation Day) and it still is a bit chilly outside, but the day times are starting to look and feel like spring already. The ume (or plum) trees are already starting to blossom all over the place. The two shown above were just a 50 meter walk from my home. So is this one.


Nice to have two day weekends again. I really wore myself out last year working so much. I can now take some 'me' time every week, it has a total different feeling. I was in danger of spiraling into a lazy "do nothing" kind of day yesterday so I willed myself to pick up the phone and touch base with Chris. We ended up going and getting some more basketball in for a couple of hours. The same guys we played with last week were there again, pretty funny and nice guys. I don't think I sunk a single hoop but I was stunning them with my cheeky passes. Chris, recognizing the threat that I posed to his team tricked me into jumping up to blocking him and dug his knee into my leg giving me a Charley Horse. Cunning ploy. Another member of the team charged me with his head down and landed his head square on my cheek. Luckily, I am a pretty sturdy Canadian guy!

Ritsy and I were talking about what we might do when my Aunt and Mom are here. She is thinking of going down to Okinawa for a couple of days. I have never been there and always wanted to, so I hope we can do it- but I don't want to create a huge expense for my mom and Aunt so will probably end up eating a lot of the travel and stay costs for them if we do that- so the price needs to be right! Does anyone that lives in Japan have any other suggestions? It seems they have a tour package that already includes Tokyo, Nara and Kyoto...

No comments: