Thursday, February 1, 2007

Stewart McKay- RIP

Some bad news arrived in the evening from my friends back home.

A good buddy from the cooking days passed away from Heart Failure. I haven't heard many details and a search on the web suggests that he actually passed away on December 14th of last year. We had regrettably fallen out of contact with Stewie, so it makes sense that it probably took a while for the word to get through to us, though I am not positive that I found the right obituary. I also truly regret that the old days predated any of us owning a digital camera so I don't have easy access to a pic of Stewie, but when I find one I will edit it into this picture!

Stewart was a guy with a warm and honest laugh and smile and was always a pleasure to chat with especially after work over a cold beer. He was the kind of guy that never had anything bad to say about another person and I never saw him lose his temper. We had far too many laughs together to start listing the times here. I had often thought about him and wondered how he was doing and it is sad that this is the first news I have heard from him in a long time. I will always think of him in a positive vein and he was always stick with me and be remembered. Rest in Peace old buddy!

No comments: