Sunday, February 25, 2007

Hanging Out



I fell like today was mostly wasted hanging out in the quiet of my home for most of the day, but some things got done and in the end it was a pretty mild paced day off, perfect for relaxing.

We had to wait for two deliveries today, one came in the morning- we had AC installed in the extra room- something that we had meant to do for a while and we had managed to budget for it now with hosting my family in a month and a half. The man came to install at about 10 o'clock and was finished at about noon. I still had to hang at home to wait for another delivery. I actually didn't think we needed to buy one, but Ritsy wanted to buy an upgrade on our old dining room table- so we had found one that I kind of liked that wasn't too expensive at Nitori. Heck, I like buying things- so it wasn't a hard sell for her, anyway that new dining room table arrived today at 3:30. I just hope we use it more than the old one- we were pretty much just eating in front of the TV everyday.

With the deliveries out of the way, I had to give Ritsy some time to sleep as she had worked the graveyard shift the night before and had to keep waking up to help with the deliveries. Finally at 5 pm she woke up and we went to pick up my car. They had finally fixed her and she looked beautiful with the new bumper, to help my special lady (my car, not the wife) feel even nicer I splurged and bought her an oil change. It is nice to have the car back again- even though my loaner was also a Vitz it just didn't feel exactly the same to drive.

Now with my car back we decided to have some food. We are pretty excited that they are opening a Denny's not too far away in Hamamatsu and we swung by to see if it is open yet, but not until Wednesday. By the way- Denny's is a bit different here in Japan than back home- in Canada we get a lot of sandwhiches and burgers on the menu (my all time favorite name- Moons Over My Hammy - is not available here)- here you can have pasta, Japanese style food and only features two sandwiches! So we decided to go to a pretty nice little Italian restaurant called Capellini which is located across from the Hamakita drivers license center. I think the food is nice and their antipasto layout is nice but it is pricey and I find the menu to be a little confusing ( it is comprised of about 209 pieces of paper). It was a nice dinner and we were stuffed afterwards!

Tomorrow should also be productive. I have an early class (oops I have to hit the hay!) then I will probably have a quick nap then we need to go and do some banking and I can finally pick up my new Spousal Visa. I don't look forward to going in there after we had complained (to a number of offices) I feel there may be some averted gazes and some insincere butt-kissing, I would be happy if I could just slip in and then out again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey 2nd cousin how are you doing? Your aunt Liz told me about your blog. Looks good. Like your posts about Japan. Drop me a line when you can. Don Godin