Sunday, July 8, 2007

Bentenjima hanabi


Yesterday, my wife and I had been invited by one of my coworkers out to Bentenjima to
watch the fireworks they display out there. My coworker, his name is Warwick, here he is with the children of one of my students, has a place with a great view there.
That's right - I said the children of one of my students. Warwick's wife and my student's wife happen to be sisters so they are brothers-in-law. So here is Warwick, Shun (my student) and I enjoying some wine.
Well Warwick and I seem to have a fair bit in common. We are foreigners, we are both hansom, we both work for the same company, we know Shun, he is building a house right now ( I built a house), and he just had a baby(Ritsy is due in November)-okay well his wife just had the baby. His baby is very new and is so tiny- very cute though...
Warwick's pad was pretty nice, they have a great view of the water and the bridge in Bentenjima (you can find an old picture of the water gate at Benten in this old post). Unfortunately some greedy jerks built some condos across the way that partly blocked the view(you can see the building in the picture below)- doesn't matter it was a fantastic venue! This was also the last chance to see the fireworks at his place as he will be moving into his new home in about 3 months time.
Great to enjoy the fireworks and a beer a chuckle or two all at the same time. Everyone was so nice, and my wife enjoyed talking to Warwick's wife as their situations are very similar ( I guess that means having to put up with stinky gaijin?). Unfortunately Shun couldn't keep up with us and we found him passed out in the upstairs room.
All in all, the night was a great success and very fun for both of us, I hope to do something similar again in the future!

No comments: