Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The journey through Cathy's eyes part 2

In continuing with a look at my mom's pictures from the trip out to Japan back in April, I will continue flush in the middle of the trip to Nara. These two frogs, while I am sure they have some sort of religious meaning as they are at Shinyakushiji temple, but I think they are just cute.
Here my mom captures quite nicely the unique apparel the young ladies wore at Kasuga Taisha. I believe the flower is called a Wisteria or something like that...
She rather shiftily captured this picture of Ritsy and I waiting at the shinkansen station. Quite underhanded of her, but I liked the picture anyway...
Jumping ahead to our trip to the caves up north, I thought this picture captured well the enclosed grandiose ambiance of the caves.
And finally I have this picture of the front of the caves being guarded by the dragon.

Unfortunately that was as far along as the pictures from her that I have runs, but I still enjoyed to go back and to revisit the memories of early spring, borrowing her eyes! Oh finally, me and some turtles back in Nara.

No comments: