Thursday, January 25, 2007

The ballad of Ritsuko

The sky was an interesting shade of pink at sunset tonight, but it has nothing to do with the story below!

My poor wife! Yesterday she had to work the graveyard shift at her hospital (hmm I don't like the term graveyard when talking about a hospital...Okay overnight shift). I learned that when she got to her work, the blood van was there so she decided to give some blood. I think she said she only gave 200 mg, so it wasn't so draining (hmm I don't like the term draining when talking about giving blood). After her 14 hour shift, she came home and I was up and getting ready to go as we had pre-arranged to run some errands today.

The beginning of the errands went pretty well (go to the bank, pay some bills, pickup some paper work, pay the mortgage for the month) but even then it was already 1 pm by the time we finished them. We then headed over to the South tax office to fill out the paperwork required to get a refund on the tax paid on our home. To make a long story short, we spent about 2 hours in the office going through the right paperwork and trying to figure out why we could only get a credit for half of the money we should be able get (basically it is my fault, I am a gaijin and I own half of the home, but the loan is in Ritsy's name). That is a good chunk of money we lost out on. Ritsy called the bank( to fix it so that I can maybe get that money next year) and the bank promised to get back to her. We got home and scarfed down some lunch and by then it was 3:45 pm. I headed off to my Japanese lesson and business lesson and Ritsy tried to get a nap. But less than an hour later the bank called her back. After the call the cats decided they were hungry even though it was an hour and a half early for their dinner. Basically she had no sleep at all through the day! Finally she got to bed around 12:30 because I made her stay up and watch 24 with me!

Well sleep well Ritsuko! You earned it!

No comments: