Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Looking back part 1: First Trip{b}

Continuing my first adventure into Japan....

We didn't end up taking a picture with the bride and groom at the wedding, so here is a picture of Ritsy looking great, me with a white tie, and a number of Ritsy's Nurse friends...

Later that night, we went to a nijikai party (or second party) and I can't remember what we won in bingo. We capped that night with my first foray into karaoke- I vaguely remember singing Guns and Roses with another guy (Taka I think?)

The next day we spent at Ritsy's family's house that have always been very kind and accepting to me! Next day, we hit the road to Kumamoto to visit some of Ritsy's friends down there. Yes, we did eat raw horse there- and it wasn't bad! Well one of the most interesting things to me was Kumamoto castle.


That's me and Ritsy's friend Moto. The day after that we hopped in the car and went to Aso- a volcano very close to Kumamoto. I never saw any lava, but the area was quite beautiful.


I remembered my friend Phillipa who had spent time in Osaka talking about seeing wild monkeys in Japan. So I was obsessed with seeing monkeys- but to an avail, the best we could do was to catch a monkey show near Aso.


Later we headed back to Hama-town and then we went to USJ Osaka with Ritsy's sisters. Ritsy was almost eaten by a dinosaur there...


All in all it was a great trip and I still remember all the people and places from that adventure fondly. I will link to the video with the other pictures before tomorrow's blog!

No comments: