Thursday, January 18, 2007

A quick one

A view of the Lions Gate Bridge from Stanley Park in Vancouver.

A short post today. My laptop that keeps dying and then coming back to life has decided to die again. Well it kind of works but I have to shake it to help the Hard drive move, a little counterproductive.

Warren sent me this link to some beautiful pictures. This winter, it sounds like Vancouver is having some of the worst weather I can ever remember it having. Back in December there was a severe windstorm that devastated Stanley Park, one of the great destinations for people. Thousands of tress were blown down, and this Flickr slide show really captures some of this devastation. I heard during this windstorm my mother was without electricity for a day and a half!

Another thing that happened this winter is BC Place stadium, which usually looks like this, couldn`t seem to handle the extreme weather conditions and the roof ripped. Very tough year back home.

No comments: