Thursday, January 11, 2007

Slingbox

I sometimes am interested in technology news and will talk about it sometimes in my blog, but if you aren't interested don't worry, I won't do it very often!

I was pretty interested in what I read today coming from CES. I have been known to enjoy watching hockey games that I download and movies and American tv programs that were backed up on my computer. That used to mean waiting 2- 3 hours to burn a dvd to watch, so I have been waiting forever for a product that will allow you to watch video from your pc on your TV.

Well, it looks like the time is here. Slingbox has announced a product for streaming video from the pc, and it will compete with an announced product coming from Apple named iTV that will have the same function. The nice thing is the price tag will be below $200 and therefore cheaper than Apple's product.

This article also mentions that Router maker Netgear will be coming out with a similar product and Microsoft boasts the same functionality for the X-box 360. I can't wait to see who puts out the best product and put it to use in my home!

No comments: