Friday, January 19, 2007

Looking Back 2- Trip to US (Disneyland)

This should have been my first `looking back` post because it pre-dates our trip to Japan. When Ritsy and I first started dating, we went on a nice to trip to Anaheim, California to visit the 'happiest place in the world'- Disneyland.

Here I am pointing at the park from outside, wearing some goofy sunglasses I had. I was actually making fun of another guy that had taken the same picture about a minute earlier. I am so funny!
After goofing around outside, Ritsy and I headed into the park.

Once inside we enjoyed all the standard rides- except the Matterhorn which was closed for repairs (incidentally, the Matterhorn was closed the time I went to Disneyland before that too). We also saw some old friends. This guy was getting fresh with Ritsy and I was going to punch him out, but I didn't want to make the children cry.

There is a second park there now too, that had just opened 5 years ago called California's great adventure, which wasn't fantastic, but had a couple of good rides and not only could you get alcohol there, but there was even a free wine tasting with Modavi wine. Much like Disney Sea in Tokyo, I am sure it will get better with time. Here we are in California's Great Adventure:
We had a really nice 4 day trip and a couple of great meals. they have developed the surrounding area so there are a bunch of good restaurants right around the gates! It was a great time, and a good bonding time for Ritsy and I. But alas we had to leave the fun and adventure of California, back to the dull life of living in Whistler.

No comments: